County Competition Rules
1. Result cards with the names of the players who won the club finals (or semi-finals in the case of 2 entries) must reach the Competition Secretary by the date specified. No extension of this date will be allowed. Players must play at least one game within the club before they can qualify for County play-offs. The Ladies who play in the Club Final constitute the team. Club rules apply within the club, thereafter County rules apply.
2. If a club has 10 or more entries in any competition then both Finalists will qualify for County play-offs. The top half of the Club draw will be ‘A’ and the bottom half ‘B’ If a club has one qualifier and they have indicated at Club entry they do not wish to proceed to County play-offs the runner-up may come through. If both finalists indicated they do not wish to proceed there will be no entry from that Club. Where there are two entries from the Club and one finalist had indicated at entry they did not wish to proceed the losing semi-finalists may play-off for the vacant place.
3. The draw will be done by the Officers before the January Council meeting. If dates, times or venues have to be changed (e.g. Nationals) this will be done by the Comp..Sec and players will be notified asap.
4. If a singles player or team withdraw after playing one or more rounds, any penalty, which could be disqualification the following season, will be decided by the delegates at the AGM.
5. Players must arrive at the Venue 30 mins before the scheduled start time. If any player is not ready to play at the scheduled start time they may be disqualified.
6. Club stickers must be used at all times. In the event of a clash of colours the second named team will be asked to change. Bowls will be checked by the Umpire prior to play.
7. The draw for rinks will be done on the day by County Officials.
8. No player will be asked to play more than 2 games in one day, but must be prepared to play 2 if it proves necessary.
9. Rink fees will be charged for all rounds except Finals.
10. Dress will be White/cream skirt/trousers in accordance with National dress rules. White/cream shirt style blouses with sleeves or Club tops may be worn. If Club tops are worn all Ladies in the team must wear them. White Bowls Shoes.
11. Substitutes may be used at the discretion of the Executive Committee. Only one substitute will be allowed in Pairs, Triples and Fours. If a substitute is required the Comp. Sec. must be notified immediately and followed up by notification in writing with the reason. The substitute must be someone who has not already played for any other team in that competition. If another substitute is required later she must be the person who played in the Club Final.
12. Arrangements will be made for drinks to be available at all venues and light snacks at lunchtime.